Bulk Import does not accept "Encounter.photographer0.fullName"

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook
What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows PC
What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Firefox
What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
admin, researcher, orgAdmin
What happened?
We are trying to use the column “Encounter.photographer0.fullName” in a bulk import sheet to indicate the photographer of a fire salamander encounter. While “Encounter.photographer0.emailAddress” works when I use “max.muehlenhaupt@uni-bielefeld.de” and connects to my Wildbook-account, using “Max Muehlenhaupt”, “Max Mühlenhaupt” nor “Max.Muehlenhaupt” work as they are indicated as yellow fields during the bulk import check site.

What did you expect to happen?
We would like to use “Encounter.photographer0.fullName” to acknowledge the photographer but so far, only “Encounter.photographer0.emailAddress” seems to work.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
I will send an example spreadsheet via e-Mail.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Thanks for sending your spreadsheet!

I’ll need more time to figure out why it’s rejecting anything entered in the Encounter.photographer0.fullName field.

When the photographer is an existing Wildbook user, you only need to include the Encounter.photographer0.emailAddress field. It will ignore whatever is in Encounter.photographer0.fullName in favor of what we have in the system associated with the user’s email address.

I’ve updated the field description in our Bulk Import help docs to reflect this.

1 Like