Bulk import - not finding images already uploaded w/ same file names

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
I’m trying to upload a spreadsheet of metadata for a set of images previously uploaded. With the previous upload, the researcher decided they wanted to update the metadata so we deleted the previous batch.
My understanding is that the images will remain in that user’s “bucket” in the database, so we only have to upload an updated spreadsheet.
I’m trying to do that but the “parsed import table” is showing that the images corresponding to the list of images in the spreadsheet are not found. However, I’ve gone back to the photo review page and found several of the images from that batch in the list there. So that previous batch of uploaded photos are there and the image names are the same as in the spreadsheet. The submitter ID and user ID I’m logged in as also match the previous upload. The media asset file names do not have formulas in those cells.
What I do see is that the image names in the parsed table are missing the underscores used in the file names of the original images uploaded as well as the media asset file names in the new spreadsheet I’m trying to upload.

Here’s an example:

I’ve sent the spreadsheet to the services@ email address.

What am I missing??

thanks!
Maureen

Just a quick check:

1. were the previous upload and this upload done by the same logged in User (e.g., you)?

2. if yes, does bulk uploading the images again with the spreadsheet resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason,

Re:

1. yes. logged in with the same user iD as the submitter ID on the spreadsheet both times
  2. Haven’t tried because I don’t want to end up with a whole bunch of duplicate images in the system

Should I try re-uploading the images with the spreadsheet? What about dupes?

thanks!
Maureen

No worries about duplicates. Bulk upload puts them in a bucket for your account. When we actually import, they are copied elsewhere into a different part of the file system. You won’t be damaging old data.

Please try the full upload with all images and the spreadsheet. If in the preview you still see the missing images, we can then look at a server restart or some other measure.

Thanks,
Jason

Okay, I’ve re-done the upload using both the new spreadsheet and the same batch of images as last time. The upload completed successfully. I’m not running detection yet; waiting for the new cheetah detection algorithm first.

I’m a little confused about why this process doesn’t create duplicate images in the system but I’m glad it doesn’t!

Thanks Jason!

Maureen