Bulk import not listed in Import Tasks list

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
After uploading all related images at once, a user uploaded 3 bulk import excel files in a row:

1. DP102_DP176_upload_file1_final.xlsx
  2. DP102_DP176_upload_file2_final.xlsx
  3. DP102_DP176_upload_file3_final.xlsx

After uploading the first excel file, I logged in as admin and selected it from the bulk import list and clicked to “send to identification”.
After she uploaded the next file: “[…]file2_final.xlsx” file, I went back to my bulk import logs and looked for it to run it through identification. I realized I couldn’t see the first import in the log anymore. I started to wonder if we’d mistaken having uploaded and run IA on that batch but I found it in another tab I still had open:

And a search for that first sighting shows it’s in the system. But it’s not showing up in the bulk import logs:

It’s just not showing up in the user’s bulk import logs either:

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Can we get it to display in the user’s bulk import logs?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report
Done

Thanks!
Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

When you click “Bulk Import Logs”, the default is to now take you to only your bulk imports.

If you then click “Click here to see all bulk imports.” you can see the bulk imports for all users.

This change was made to speed up the display of data-heavy bulk imports and because users were frequently getting confused by unrelated bulk imports that they didn’t care about.

I confirmed that Jeanette’s referenced bulk import did appear on the full list for all users. Please let me know if you don’t see it there.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason - I have noticed the change in the display of the bulk imports being only mine first until I click on the link to see the full list. So I was looking at the full list - you can see that my 2nd screenshot above shows 2 uploads by Jeanette and 1 by Paul.

I’ve now figured out why I wasn’t seeing her upload from this file: 1. DP102_DP176_upload_file1_final.xlsx

It seems there’s a bug in the date sort column. I was expecting this upload to show up between Paul’s upload and the 2 Jeanette uploads but it didn’t. I tried re-sorting by date and it still didn’t show up, which is why I assumed it wasn’t showing in the list.
But just now I searched on one of the sightings, opened an encounter and then scrolled down to the “Imported via” column and clicked on that. Then I copied the Import task ID and searched with that in the Import list and it appeared.
So you’re correct, it is in the list but is not showing up in the correct chronological order.

I hope that makes sense.

cheers
Maureen

@ACWadmin1

I see your point. The date sort algorithm is only partially working. Filed as ticket WB-1922. We’ll simplify the date sort algorithm.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Hi @ACWadmin1 and @PaulK

I have deployed fixed for WB-1922 (some bulk imports not properly date sorted in summary list) and WB-1928 (bulk imports not correctly listing number of photos in summary list) to ACW.

Can you confirm if these issues appear resolved?

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Hi @jason - it looks perfect. thank you so much!