Bulk import not recognizing "send to identification"

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
Import task: https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/imports.jsp?taskId=f8a1d39d-5867-44c6-8b75-4250d5c87d97

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
I did a bulk import and went in to “send to identification”. I then went away and came back to check progress and, after refreshing the page, still saw the “send to identification” option. So I assumed that I hadn’t actually clicked on it previously so I clicked on it again. I waited a few minutes then refreshed the page and still see the “send to identification” (and send to detection) option.

Something’s not working? And then I may have made it worse by clicking on the ID option twice… Help please!

thanks
Maureen

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
I’m noticing that button re-appear upon refresh in manta-matcher currently as well.
One of us will get on this asap.
Thanks for the heads up!
-Mark

1 Like

Hi @MarkF - just to clarify, it’s not just that the button is re-appearing, both of those imports are still not processed:

So my user is still waiting for these.

thanks
M

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
I just resent task 704de3af to identification. I’ll report back soon. Also note that I posted in the announcements that I plan on updating ACW later this week. I am hopeful that one of those two actions will fix things!
-Mark

Hi @MarkF - thanks for this. I did try to resend that same batch to ID yesterday (or was it Monday?) and no luck. Maybe 3rd time’s a charm? Or maybe you’re doing it on the back end so maybe that will have a different result? Anyway, here’s hoping.

If it does work for that batch, could you do the same for the other batch: f8a1d39d

Thanks for your help! And thanks for the heads up on the outage(s) Thursday - we’ll let the users know. Thanks for the updates too!!!

Maureen

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
Even after all of the updates, I have been unable to get Megan’s two bulk imports to go to ID. I suspect that it has something to do with how we configured image analysis for leopards. We’re now tracking internally as WB-1734.

Hi @MarkF - other leopard uploads have worked fine so why would the IA for leopards affect only these 2 batches? I think I’ll delete the batches and re-upload, then see what happens. I’ll let you know.

thanks
M

1 Like

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
I think that’s a great idea. Will you let me know how it goes either way?
Thanks,
M

@ACWadmin1 any news on this one?
Many thanks,
Mark

Hi @MarkF - unfortunately, it didn’t work. Please keep the WB-1734 ticket going. I’d like to know what’s gone wrong here. thanks

@ACWadmin1 so strange. Ok. We have a full complement of folks “in the office” this week, so hopefully, we’ll be figuring this out asap! Thanks for your (and Megan’s) patience!
-Mark

Hi @MarkF - I was just going to start adding annotations manually but turns out I can’t do that either, unfortunately. It doesn’t have the species in the IA class…
image

thanks
Maureen

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
We tried to reproduce, and manual annotation seems to work for us. @colin mentioned that he couldn’t find these examples, because it looks like they were deleted. If the problem continues, could I trouble you to provide us with new links?
Many thanks,
Mark and Colin

Hi, @ACWadmin1!
Could you trouble Megan to send a copy of the bulk import spreadsheet to mark@wildme.org and colin@wildme.org?

We have a hunch.
Thanks,
Mark

1 Like

Ho boy! I did the spreadsheet so it’s my screwup! Predictable. Ugh. I’ll send both upload spreadsheets now. Rats!

M

@MarkF - CRAP!!! I see it. Misspelling: PATHERA instead of Panthera. I’m sooooooo stupid!!!

If I had a nickel for every time I created a bug with a typo, I’d be a rich man. Glad we found it!
-Mark

what a TERRIBLE waste of your and @colin 's time!!! I’m sooooo sorry!!! And thank you for being so kind about it. You can use this against me in the future. It’s reasonable. ; )-

Not a problem at all! We should definitely still confirm that things work now, though.

I’m on it. Deleted previous uploads and am now uploading the fixed-typo versions of the upload spreadsheets. What a dummy I am…