Bulk Important adding a 'mystery' file? (Leopard shark wildbook)

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Wildbook for Leopard Sharks

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
MacOS Big Sur 11.2.1

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Chrome 89.0.4389.82

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
Researcher

What happened?
I am having an issue with a bulk import. When I upload my folder (flat) with five images, it shows that six have been uploaded.

The marked file (the sixth ‘photo’) isn’t a photo. If I proceed like this, on the next page I get the following results.

This appears to be all the photos from my prior bulk import that have already been uploaded and also no longer exist on my computer. Has anyone experienced this before? I haven’t done anything different than the last bulk import, which worked. Is there something I should do differently?

Thanks so much in advance!

Jane

@AFlam

Hi Jane,

Bulk import maintains a bucket of all photos your user account has uploaded previously and currently. This allows for photo uploads in batches before an import and keeps an on-disk bucket for reimport if necessary to fix issues. This is expected behavior.

.DS_Store is a Mac filesystem file that was pulled into bulk import and was in the same directory as the images. It does not affect or impact the import and can be ignored.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Hi Jason,
Awesome! That is great to know. Thank you so much for your quick and helpful response, I very much appreciate it!

Jane