Bulk imports stuck in detection ACW but weird annotations in encounters

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 11

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? admin & researcher

What happened?

A user has reported that they have a couple of bulk imports stuck in detection, I assume a casualty of last week’s disk drive issue.

In the first batch link above, I opened a couple of encounters and found they have strange looking annotations around the hyaenas in the photos:

I’ve never seen this before and not sure if just re-sending the bulk import through detection will fix this but hopefully that’s all that’s needed.

thanks
Maureen
thanks
Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

Luckily, this one’s an easy fix: the user listed the species as Crocuta Crocuta instead of Crocuta crocuta with the lowercase “c” in the second “crocuta”. Detection won’t start if the taxonomy isn’t in Capitol lowercase format. Detection should kick in if they reupload and fix the species name.

Sorry @Anastasia, I usually check that first. Clearly not enough coffee this morning. The lion pics have the same problem. I’ll notify the user.

Weird how the hyaenas have sort of got annotations on them though but otherwise not pertinent.

thanks
Maureen

I accidentally scheduled a meeting a week after I meant to schedule it, so I’m right there with you. :sweat_smile:

I’ve definitely seen some weirdness when the taxonomy doesn’t match what’s in Wildbook. Typically, no detection occurs at all, but sometimes WBIA takes a wild guess at detection anyway. We plan to eventually make changes to bulk import that can more easily flag this sort of thing before the import is committed.

1 Like