Bulk Upload in Sharkbook – Set Alternate ID?

What Wildbook are you working in?

Sharkbook

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

I’d like to set an ‘alternate ID’ (the researcher I’m assisting has her own ID numbering) during bulk upload. I’ve tried adding the numerical ID to the MarkedIndividual.nickname field, hoping that might be linked to the Alternate ID field on the encounter page, but I see it isn’t.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

I’ve just sent through my spreadsheet.

Good question! Let me do a bit of research and I’ll follow up with what I find.

Hi @Anastasia & @simonjpierce - I believe the field name is Encounter.alternateID but I don’t know whether it can be populated from the bulk import spreadsheet; in other words, is that field uploadable?

I have a spreadsheet with the of Wildbook database fields and whether they’re importable or not but this field, while mentioned, has no indication of whether it’s uploadable/importable or not.

I’d like to know the answer as well. Thanks for looking into this @Anastasia

cheers
Maureen

2 Likes

@ACWadmin1 is right; I tested this with my own import and verified that this is the field name that assigns the Alternate ID. It’s not currently listed in our Bulk Import help doc, but I’ll add it there shortly. Thanks for that!

MarkedIndividual.nickname adds a Nickname to an existing Marked Individual. In this example, “Sharkbite” is the Nickname and “A-042” is the Individual ID (MarkedIndividual.individualID).

Since there were no Marked Individuals listed in your spreadsheet, the MarkedIndividual.nickname field was ignored because there were no Marked Individuals specified to add the Nickname to.

2 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks very much to both of you, that’ll save a lot of clicks :smiley:

1 Like