Bulk upload - not picking up 2 columns in spreadsheet & other issues

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/import/standard-upload?filename=ACW_cheetah_raw3_upload_trial_Ian_Hicks.xlsx&isUserUpload=true

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
I’m attempting another trial bulk upload.

Issue 1: The spreadsheet has 3 rows - 2 rows of data + header. the report from the system, pre-upload, is that the spreadsheet has 22 rows.

Issue 2: Also an issue is that it is not picking up 2 of my columns and I don’t know why - submitterFullName and Submitter0affiliation. Don’t know why.

Issue 3: There are only 2 images in the folder but the system is finding a 3rd? called “Thumbs.db” which I’ve never had happen before.

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing? Regular bulk upload steps. I did hit the back button after the first attempt at the spreadsheet upload showed the submitterAffiliation column as yellow and showed the rows below it as blank. I then added the submitter full name column to the spreadsheet and re-saved. Now both of those columns are not even yellow they’re not showing at all, other than in the report of “columns not imported” - see screenshot below.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report Done

Hello,

I can provide answers for these.

1. This has to do with the spreadsheet itself. Sometimes a file will originally have more columns or
rows and after they are deleted they still appear as present, but contribute no data. This and other inaccuracies in column count could be do to the way the file was populated, split, saved, moved between spreadsheet applications or other reasons. It’s hard to say.

The column or row count may occasionally be off, but in the best terms I can find these are the numbers of rows and columns the excel file thinks it has. Since the reported extras contain no data, it does no harm.

2. There is already a user associated with the email address referenced in the excel file under column Encounter.submitter0.emailAddress. There is only one system user per email address, and if one is found the affiliation/fullName columns in the excel file will not override it. This is why the columns do not appear; they are not needed and not imported. The encounters should be associated with the existing user.

3. Thumbs.db is a file created by Windows. It is automatically created for some image folders and contains thumbnails of the images, so the system does not need to reference the full files every time the folder is viewed. It is often hidden by the system in the folder, and must have been accidentally uploaded.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Colin. One further question re: #2 - there are 2 fields associated with submitter in the upload - Encounter.submitterOrganization and Encounter.submitter0.affiliation. Are these the same or different and if different, how are they different?
What I was trying to do here was use the Organization field for the owner of the images in the encounters (which in this case is EWT SA) and use the Affiliation field to denote the university that the researcher is affiliated with, which is Tshwane University of Technology. How do I do that if not the way I am trying to with these 2 fields?
thanks!