Cannot Start Match (Greyed out)

What Wildbook are you working in? Internet of Turtles

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
I have uploaded photos of loggerheads and I am unable to start a match for them. When I got to the dropdown menu to select this option, it does not appear and instead the “cannot start match is there and greyed out”

Hi @tsiegfried

This looks like weirdness with the detector again. I’ll need a little more time to work on this. Do you mind if I test manually adding annotations to this Encounter to see if we can kick off ID from the new annotations?

Absolutely, feel free to do whatever you need to do.
Thank you for looking into this.
Tabby

1 Like

It looks like there was a configuration issue with the identification algorithm for loggerheads that’s been fixed now. I’m testing it on a manually drawn face annotation here: Internet of Turtles

I’ll follow up on this tomorrow to see if that fixes things.

OK, you should be able to start a match from any of these images now. Here’s the match result we got back: Internet of Turtles

One note: this particular Encounter is one of three for the default Location ID, which is so small that there is nothing else to match against. To get a working match, I had to select no Location IDs in the dialog to make sure there was enough data to match against.

Good Morning @Anastasia, this same issue as above is happening today, can you please check the detector gain.
Thanks,
Tabitha

Hi @tsiegfried

This is expected behavior for a top-down view. MiewID wasn’t trained on images of turtles from the top down, which is why you’re seeing odd annotations on this image and it can’t figure out the viewpoint to assign.

We’re working on training MiewID to recognize this viewpoint, but until then, images with this viewpoint won’t automatically be detected. You might want to try deleting the incorrect annotation, then manually drawing a new one and starting a new match to see if it can find match candidates that way.

Hey @Anastasia, it is showing this for all images associated with the loggerheads. See photo.
Thank you!

Thanks for clarifying. I’ve reached out to the machine learning team and I’ll let you know when I hear back.

Thanks for your patience! Loggerheads should be matchable again. You’ll need to delete the old annotations and add new ones to match from. Any new encounters you submit should behave correctly.