'Cannot Start Match' on any annotated image in a specific site in GiraffeSpotter

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
GiraffeSpotter

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 11

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Chrome 16.0.6478.63

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
admin

What happened?
When I attempt to match the annotated images (all images in the site), I am met with the the message ‘Cannot start match’

What did you expect to happen?
I expected to be able to run the match and start to

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Attempt to match any annotated image in the Botswana → Northern Tuli Game Reserve Site. See url below: Wildbook for Giraffe

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @mbrown

It looks like the encounters from this bulk import are still working through detection. Since it’s been 8 hours since you reported this, I’m going to re-send it to detection to see if we can get it unstuck and ready to start the ID process.

Detection is complete now! You can send this import to ID when you’re ready.

Thanks Anastasia! However, in the bulk import log, I don’t have the option to send to ID. Similarly, in the individual encounter page, I am also unable to send the annotation to match (“cannot start match”). Perhaps I’m overlooking something obvious, but I can’t seem to send these annotations to ID.

No, I think it’s just GiraffeSpotter being difficult again. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update.

Just checking in to let you know I need more time to work on this. Thanks for your patience.

HI @mbrown

It looks like you’ve deleted this import, so I’m going to mark this as closed. Let me know if you encounter any other roadblocks with your uploads.

Yes! Thank you. I re-uploaded the bulk import and things progressed smoothly through detection and matching, so I deleted the original failed upload this afternoon.

1 Like

Awesome. Sometimes starting over is the best troubleshooting step! :sweat_smile:

1 Like