Can't delete bulk import

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? GiraffeSpotter

What operating system were you using? Windows 11

What web browser were you using? Google Chrome

What is your role on the site? researcher

What happened? I attempted to delete a bulk import as there was a glitch when importing files but after I deleted the bulk import and tried to import some files, the old “deleted” files were still there.

What did you expect to happen? To have all the files from the previous bulk import deleted.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? Could you please delete all files associated with my account so I can start a new bulk import?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @jessgwr

Can you please send me the link to the bulk import? If it was a large one, it may take several minutes to delete all of its content, and some of that can be cached. I can take a look with the link (even if the link no longer works).

Thank you,
Jason

Hi @jason !

I’m not sure what you mean by the link but here’s the link for the directory of the import: https://giraffespotter.org/import/reviewDirectory.jsp

Thanks,
Jess

Oh! Awesome.

That’s not a bug. Because many users have large bulk imports and may have easily interrupted internet connections, we created an intermediary bulk import “bucket” for images. This bucket is independent of the database and actual data and holds everything your user account ever tries to bulk import.

Basically, any image you ever upload for past or future bulk imports resides in the bucket, and when we do a bulk import, we pull the images and data from that bucket, preventing an interrupted Internet connection from blockin the successful import of a large volume of data.

What you’re seeing at the link above is a list of contents in the bucket. You don’t have to bulk upload the same images every time for a bulk import. Once the images are in your bucket, you can just upload the revised spreadsheet.

Thanks,
Jason