Confirming match

What Wildbook are you working in?
Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
“All encounters already assigned to the same individual ID. No further action is needed to confirm this match.”

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
Manage Project, Match Results, Identification Status: pending or complete, Mark New.

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a project in ARW and have encountered some issues with the identification of individuals. I mistakenly marked some individuals that were already matched with one or more images as new, resulting in duplicate entries for the same individual.
(I dont remember each ID or Encounter)

Is there a way for a new identification within the same project to get sure that all images of a single individual are correctly merged together?

For any detailed steps or tips on how to handle this I would be greatly thankful. Thank you!

Best regards,
Felix.

Hi @Felix.Stumpf

I just tried testing this in my own project, but wasn’t able to replicate what you’ve described.

My project has 2 encounters in it. Both encounters already had an ID, and only one did not have the Mark New button greyed out. When I clicked Mark New on the encounter that had the option I saw the “Success! An ID has been added to your project for this individual!” message, but when I refreshed my encounter search tab to see if it was cloned, it wasn’t. It still only showed the two original encounters I uploaded to ARW.

I updated your other support request with a ticket link to fix the data integrity page access. Once that’s fixed and you’re able to review your data, you can check our Merging FAQ for details on how to manage any individuals that need to be merged.

1 Like

Hi Felix,
I think we had the same “problem” in opur projects before. If it is saying “All encounters already assigned to the same individual ID. No further action is needed to confirm this match.” under Match Results, that should mean, that the encounters are already merged. The encounter in the project just does not show the Porject ID in the list, yet. If you click on “Mark New”, the encounters will still be merged but the encounter that previously had “(None)” as Project ID will show the Project ID of the already merged encounter in your list.
Since we use the Project ID to distinguish already checked matches from unchecked matches in our project, we frequently encounter this and just click on “Mark New”. this way, the encounter will get the already provided Project ID in the list instead of “(None)”.
I hope this was helpful! If not, I’m happy to provide some examples.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Max.Muehlenhaupt! That’s helpful context to have.

1 Like