Date on target annotation comes from match candidate

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Windows 11

What web browser were you using? latest Chrome

What is your role on the site? admin & researcher

What happened?
The user reported that the date and time displaying over top of the target annotation (2011-08-28 05:29) on this match results page: Wildbook for Carnivores
Is not the correct date & time from the source image or encounter: https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=7f7c03b5-a011-4410-8c30-4d8d4d69457a

I noticed that the date & time overlaid on match result (#1, the only one on the page) is the same date & time as the incorrect one that’s overlaid on the target annotation (2011-08-28 05:29) - match candidate’s source encounter record: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

So it appears that the date & time over the target annotation is being taken from the match candidate.

What did you expect to happen?
That the date & time from the source encounter for the target annotation in the match results is what gets displayed over top of the target annotation.

The user sent me the source image for the target annotation - I can forward it if that would help, just let me know.

thanks
Maureen

This sounds like the same issue that was reported in SeadragonSearch. We’re still looking into what’s causing this.

1 Like

The dates should be appearing correctly now. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like