Edit an annotation within an encounter

What Wildbook should this feature be in?
All of them, I guess ? / Whiskerbook, as far as I’m concerned :slight_smile:

What would you like to see?

Hi ! :slight_smile:

Sometimes the AI ​​is wrong about the viewpoint, it labels the picture as a right flank when it is a left flank for example.

If I have understood correctly, the procedure is to make a new annotation, which then creates a new encounter and we delete the initial encounter.

This poses a problem when there are several photos in the encounter.
Here is an exemple : Whiskerbook | Login
Here is another one : Whiskerbook | Login

In a case like this, it would be necessary to be able to modify the erroneous annotation without creating a new encounter, or at least to be able to also import the other picture in the new encounter.

Maureen explained to me that this change would be complicated to implement, but it would be very useful so I still suggest the evolution request.

A workaround solution may be easier to implement: when making an annotation, the logiciel could give the choice of creating the new encounter with only this annotation, or by also copying the other photos from the current encounter ?

Deleting the annotation first and then adding a new one should solve the problem you’re running into. Wildbook won’t delete the gallery image when you remove an annotation as long as there are no other encounters that share that image. This way, you prevent a cloned encounter from being created. Here’s the help doc section that explains this.

Edit to add: since it’s too big to attach in this post, I’ve also sent you a screen recording demonstrating what I mean.

1 Like

Thanks @Anastasia !! I tried on this encounter Whiskerbook | Login and it does work without creating a new encounter if we first delete the old annotation. This is amazing !!

The manually added annotation is missing the viewpoint, is it normal (I select it while making the annotation) ?

Maybe it’s because I haven’t launched the new match ? (I tried but it didn’t work as Whiskerbook is still extremely slow)

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

PS : I changed the “feature request” category to “support”

1 Like

It should show the viewpoint if you manually added it. I suspect it will appear once Whiskerbook is finished getting reviewed.

1 Like

Hi @Anastasia :slight_smile:

It still doesn’t show the viewpoint, strangely : Whiskerbook | Login

Same for this one : Whiskerbook | Login

I tried to create another one and it’s the same : Whiskerbook | Login

Thanks for following up. I may not have an answer for this right away since it seems to be more of a cosmetic issue than anything creating problems for the matching workflow. I’ll leave this open until I find out more.

1 Like

I’ve verified that viewpoints are saved in the database even though they don’t always display when you hover over it.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 9.59.16 AM

According to this previous post, this is a known issue.

1 Like