Email notification of updates does not work in Whiskerbook

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Whiskerbook
What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows
What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Latest Chrome
What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
Orgadmin and researcher
What happened?
Hi !! :slight_smile:
Even if the box is checked in the account profile, the user never receives an email.
What did you expect to happen?
That an email is received in certain cases: creation of an encounter, validation of a match, etc.?
What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
With a Whiskerbook account, which has the email alert enabled, create an encounter and validate a match: no email is received.

Hi @Lucas

Is there a specific user that’s not receiving emails from Whiskerbook? If so, can you send me their email address or username so I can look into it?

1 Like

Hi @Anastasia

It’s not user specific. For example lucas_LVA_RLF (researcher & orgadmin : suivi.photo@gmail.com) but also for other accounts.

I verified that this is intentionally disabled for now while we work on updates to the email templates. Once that’s ready, users will see emails from Whiskerbook resume.

1 Like

Thanks so much @Anastasia :slight_smile:

Do you have a rough timeline so I can communicate it to the users, please ?
(knowing if we are speaking of days / weeks / months / year would be quite precise enough)

1 Like

Hi @Anastasia - can we leave this ticket as open until the functionality is restored, please? thanks!

Maureen

1 Like

Updated.

We don’t currently have a timeline for this. The best I can offer right now is to follow up on this post when I have more details.

1 Like

Thanks @ACWadmin1 and @Anastasia :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t2:

I will tell them “some day there will be email alerts”, it will do :grin: