Encounter link in match results isn't the source encounter

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
Original source encounter: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login
Match results: Wildbook for Carnivores
Encounter link @ top of match results page (which is different from the source encounter link): Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
User is curating her dataset and went from the 1st encounter link above to the match results. When she clicked on the link for the source encounter (top left corner of the yellow bar) it gave her a notification that the encounter belonged to someone else and she needed to request collaboration to access.
We had a similar issue, with the target encounter link not linking back to the actual source encounter, but it got resolved here:

In this case, my guess is that the problem is somehow related to the fact that the 2nd encounter, belonging to @colin, is a duplicate.

If this is the case, please confirm. Also, @colin - could you please delete your test data? That’s what it looks like this is. Also, maybe in future don’t use existing images for testing to avoid these duplicate-related errors?

Thanks
Maureen

Hello,

The links to the encounter and results pages are both dead. Did you remove this data?

The behavior is likely related to a duplicate asset in the system as you suspected. We do need to use existing data to test detection and diagnose problems, but it should be deleted or turned off afterwards. I’ve ensured that my test data has no more active annotations right now.

Thanks.

Hi @colin - I don’t know why the links to the encounter and results pages aren’t working for you. I just clicked on the links above and I got to the encounter page and the match results no problem:

The 3rd encounter link above doesn’t work anymore, obviously because it’s one of the ones you deleted. But the others are still there.

That said, I no longer see the “additional reference” encounter link over the target annotation and the link from the match results back to the source encounter now goes to the correct encounter.

So I assume the problem was caused by the duplicate encounter in the system that you’ve now deleted so this issue can be marked resolved.

thanks for deleting your other duplicate test data.

Maureen