Error in matching one picture

What Wildbook are you working in?
ARW
What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
Error: “there was an error with task f3a5b830-e2ad-468a-9b60-8f77dfa45dd3: No data to match against, please refine your matching parameters.
Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
I already removed annotation and added it new but still does not work
If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @LauraSchulte

This is normal operation. This message indicates that there were no other annotations to match against at the same viewpoint, species, and location. Changing the location IDs selected is likely to help open up potential matches.

Feel free to post the link to the Encounter if you want me to dig further. But generally this error indicates that the matching filters were overspecified to the point where nothing could be potentially matched against.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,

This was a picture I uploaded with almost 300 other pictures and assigned all to one project. I tried matching against no selected project but also did not change. Now I have the same problem with this picture " there was an error with task f472a9c6-96e5-4956-9ed8-b0e6cb181121: No data to match against, please refine your matching parameters"

Could you please have a look at this?
Best, Laura

Hi @LauraSchulte

Looking at the Encounter record, it looks like this photo had a manual annotation created, and that manual annotation was assigned the viewpoint “down”, which corresponds to the underside of the salamander and for which we have no data. So the error was correct, and there was nothing to match against. I redrew the manual annotation with viewpoint “up” (top of the salamander) and started a new match.

Please use “up” as the viewpoint for adult fire salamanders. I know the “up” is a little counter-intuitive since technically you’re looking down on them. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,
Perfect, thanks. Both pictures had no annotation before and then I added them manually but making a mistake. Thanks for your help! Laura

1 Like