Error to assign matching ID in Flukebook

What Wildbook are you working in? - Flukebook

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred? - On the “matching results” page of all encounters

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
I am not able to assign a matching ID after I have found a positive match between two encounters. I always get the error message: “Error updating encounter: User unauthorized for encounter: 3fc2b685-ab31-4082-9272-592f2b97deff” (The error message is always the same, the code after the colon varies with encounter ID). The new ID I want to assign to the individual across the matched encounters does not show up (even after a long waiting period).

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
Start a match for any encounter, on the match results page, find a match, click on the checkbox to the right when hovering over the correct match, enter the new match ID for the individual that should be assigned for both the searched and correct match encounter. (I then get the error and the match ID does not get assigned).

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @KatyFannei

Can you please send a link to the page that generates this error?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason

It is not a specific link that generates this error. I have this issue with every encounter I try to match with a positive resight encounter. I just found another match, so I can send you the URL for this one:

I have also attached a screenshot of the error for the two encounters I found to match.
I have discussed this issue with my colleagues and they told me they do get the same error message as well. But in the end, the new ID they enter to assign to both encounters does get saved for both encounters while when I try it, it doesn’t get saved.

Thanks for your help!

Greetings,
Katy

Flukebook error

Hi @KatyFannei

Do you have a collaboration defined in Flukebook with Andrew Davenport? It looks like the other Encounter is owned by him, and to assign the new Encounter to the same individual (or create a new individual from both), you’ll need an edit collaboration with him.

This covers the topic of silo security:

https://docs.wildme.org/product-docs/en/wildbook/security/silo-security/

Please let me know if you need help initiating the collaboration from your account page.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Yes, I do have an edit collaboration defined with Andrew Davenport. He advised me that I have the same settings/permissions as my colleagues who work with him as well and for whom this process works.

Greetings
Katy

Hi @KatyFannei

In the database, it looks like you have view-only collaboration permissions with Andrew. A second collaboration request for edit permissions need to be sent by either of you and approved by the other. This should provide permission to set ID’s on each others’ data.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason

Yes, that was the issue! Problem solved, thank you so much for your support!! :slight_smile:

1 Like