Export Project data

What Wildbook are you working in?
Flukebook
What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
When exporting the data of a matching project, the field “ProjectIDs” is not exported.
Similarly, the fields “Feature”, “Fluke Type”, “Quality”, “Disctintiveness”) are not exported (only the non labelled keywords are) . We used to be able to export an Excel file with these info (from the Administer/Research project menu, but it is not active anymore).

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

Menu Search/ Encounter Search/

Metadata Filter > Project Name: Indocet-Mn
From the result page > Export tab > Standard format export
I get an Excel file with the data, but there is no column for “ProjectIDs”, Feature", “Fluke Type”, “Quality”, “Disctintiveness”

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi Violaine,

We are taking a look at this. In the meantime, could you email me the excel sheet that you did export so we can examine it?

Thanks,
Drew

HI Drew,
Here is the excel sheet that I exported. Not sure it will go through. I will also send it by email.
Many thanks,
Violaine
Traitement de : Export_indocet Mn project.xls…

It would also be very valuable if the column “MarkedIndividual.individualID” and “MarkedIndividual.nickname”, which serve as individual ID in Flukebook, were exported as well in the “standard format export”. That would allow the user to make a link between the initial individual name and the project name.
Thanks!
Violaine

Hi Violaine,

In the spreadsheet you sent to @Drew,

“Feature” “Fluke Type”, “Quality”, “Disctintiveness”) are not exported (only the non labelled keywords are) are being exported. They are in the Encounter.mediaAssetX.keywordX columns. See below.

MarkedIndividual.individualID is available as well as nickname in these columns:

We may want to standardize these to the bulk import format of MarkedIndividual.individualID and MarkedIndividual.nickname in the future. But the information is there for your review. The difference is due to the fact that Wildbook allows you to store more than just a Default name and a Nickname in the underlying database, and the data is exported in the more complex NameX.label and NameX.value format.

You are correct that related Project IDs are not exported. That would be a good new feature request.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,
Thanks for you answer.

• Labelled keyword:
    They are in the Encounter.mediaAssetX.keywordX columns but they are not exported in the same column, so not easy to use/filter once exported.
    -MarkedIndividual.individualID (and nickname) is exported only because I copied them into another column (name0.value). If a user enter the individualID only in the the MarkedIndividual.individualID column of the bulk import format, it won’t be exported (same with nickname).
  • ProjetID are not exported: so it means that we cannot export the results of the match and so we cannot use flukebook results ? How can we access the results of a matching project?
  • ProjetID are not exported: so it means that we cannot export the results of the match and so we cannot use flukebook results ? How can we access the results of a matching project?

You can filter the Encounter Search by the Project to effectively get a spreadsheet scoped to those results.

They are in the Encounter.mediaAssetX.keywordX columns but they are not exported in the same column, so not easy to use/filter once exported.

How would you rather see them displayed? Can you please explain more about the same column. Do you mean the same as the import? I would love to learn more about the use case here as I don’t think I understand it.

-MarkedIndividual.individualID (and nickname) is exported only because I copied them into another column (name0.value). If a user enter the individualID only in the the MarkedIndividual.individualID column of the bulk import format, it won’t be exported (same with nickname).

I don’t understand this statement. If an exported Encounter Search has Encounters with IDs, they are exported in the spreadsheet. This is an example of an export filtered by the globice account.

What change are you suggesting?

Thanks,
Jason

2 posts were split to a new topic: Keyword export ordering