Flukebook My data error

What Wildbook are you working in?
Flukebook

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
(various)

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
I’m making sure to select My data, but I’m still getting data from outside sources and not in the locations I selected. This doesn’t happen every time I do a match.

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
I believe it happens when I come back to a match (that took an unreasonably long time to show results) and select “show matches” instead of “start another match”

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Let me confirm what you’re seeing: when you navigate to the match results, you are seeing potential matches that are not from your data. Is the correct?

If so, this is likely a function of the product, not an error.
We only store one match result per encounter for the entire system. This means if you are the only person with access to the data, we can guarantee the match result parameters you used are the ones you are seeing in match results. However, if anyone else has access to the data, they are able to set a match to run and those results will replace what you ran. Particularly since you said this is happening with long run times, it is possible that you started a match, then someone started a new match and you are waiting through multiple runs that have different parameters.

I am the only one in my organization using this dataset and starting any matches currently.

Hi, I still have no solution for this issue.

Hi, Lei Lani!
I’m having a bit of trouble reproducing your issue without changing your password and kicking off new matches on your encounters. Is there a chance you’d be able to take video of the problem and/or that we might video conference to take a look at the issue together?
I’m widely available next week on Monday, Thursday, or Friday, and I believe that we are in the same PST timezone.
-Mark

Hi Mark. This is a student conducting research for Leilani who is running into this issue. Can I email you personally to set up a video meeting to try and resolve the issue? Let me know, thanks so much.

Hello @UR-Stelle !
Actually, I’ve recently been able to get my test environment to work for image analysis-related issues. Reproducing this will be a priority for me this week.
If I can’t reproduce the issue by the end of the week, I’ll set up a meeting for us.
My personal email address is mark@wildme.org.
Cheers,
MF

Hi, @UR-Stelle !
I believe that I’ve reproduced your result. I plan on chatting with some more-seasoned coworkers about it on Monday in case there’s something I’m missing. Thanks for your patience with this one!
-Mark

Hello,

There is a fix deployed for this behavior that is now live on Flukebook. When selecting ‘My Data’ for determining a matching set we will now check against the submitterID for an encounter instead of the submitter list. If the submitter list did not contain your username, even if you had ownership of an encounter it could return zero results for a matching set. Discrepancies here could have produced an artificially small or empty list of matching candidates.

The identification system does a fallback comparison if provided no candidates where it compares against everything of the appropriate species and viewpoint in the system. This is why the results were large and not limited by location or user.

The internal issue ticket closed by this is WB-1626.

Thanks!