Hidden encounters

Hi Team,

When searching for an individual, it comes up but the encounter list is empty and it says "1 Encounters (not all may be currently visible). How can I get to that hidden encounter?

e.g. https://www.whaleshark.org/individuals.jsp?number=TZ-094

OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS 10.13.6
WEB BROWSER: Chrome 80.03
WILDBOOK INSTANCE: whaleshark.org
PERMISSIONS: admin
ACTUAL BEHAVIOR: Encounter not visible
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Being able to click on the encounter

Hi Chris!
I’m going to move this over to support since this is more about how to get what you need out of the platform.
Thanks!
Tanya

Hi Chris,

Could you provide me your Whaleshark.org username please? I’m going to investigate this issue for
you.

Would you please also send me a screenshot of what you see on that page? Here is what I see:

Thanks for posting your issue here.

Hi Colin,

My username is crohner. I just opened the page to get that screenshot, but the encounter is now visible for me too…sorry about that! I am not sure why it was not there earlier. I had 7 sharks for which the encounter was hidden, but not anymore. So all good. I might pick up this thread again when/if I come across another hidden encounter.

Cheers
chris

Hi Chris,

No worries! I’ve done some looking around and I think that a service interruption or period of limited internet access could sometimes prevent encounters from loading in the way that you saw. If you are not prevented from accessing the encounter now I’ll close this ticket, but will continue to keep tabs on that particular behavior. Do let me know if you see this again.

Thanks!

Hi Colin,

Going back to it this morning I am getting the old error again, and attach the screenshot here for TZ-076. Internet seems to be working fine as far as I can tell.

Cheers
chris

It seems to come and go, one of them worked now…perhaps my internet after all. We are out in the bush a bit and don’t have a strong connection. Should be all good to close the topic.

Cheers
chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update. I’m sorry that issue came up again. I’ve made an investigation ticket
to test and track it. If you want to check in with us about it the ticket label is WB-289.