High priority: Added all encounters to a Project - system bogged down

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?


Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

I went to select a subset of encounters to add to a project, clicked on Project tab to add encounters and did not see that all encounters would be added, not just the ones I had filtered for - page is showing as busy but never finishes loading.

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

Do an encounter search and then try to add them to an existing project ?

FYI @ACWadmin1

I can replicate. Filed as defect WB-1615.

@PaulK, is this the only data in the project, or is there previous data within the project?

1 Like

We are adding raw sightings data in smaller batches and I realized that I needed to add the original ID dogs to the project to get the filtering of match results to be useful.

My goal was to get all of the Grant Beverley submissions into the project as we have uploaded all under his Submitter ID.

I was going to just delete the entire project to start over but I cannot even do that.

See bug report



Hi @PaulK,

It looks like over 23,000 encounters were added to the project. I have dug through the code enough to see the issue is not a bug but rather slow performance loading the 23,000. While it is on the extreme end, I am looking at ways to speed performance.

While we continue looking at the code, I believe you should be able to delete the project (if that will unblock you) with this link:



Thanks Jason

I have deleted the project as we had just started using it and had very few “project ID’s” in the system as yet.

I shall submit a feature request to be able to remove Encounters from a Project based on Encounter Filter criteria