IA still not running on Bulk Import

What Wildbook are you working in?
GiraffeSpotter

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
https://giraffespotter.org/rapid.jsp?taskId=03b5780a-8974-415b-a22a-ecf74241a094
Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

For the rapid assessment tool on GiraffeSpotter, after running the bulk import and sending the images to identification, how long should we expect that to take? Our partners are really excited to start using GiraffeSpotter so I am trying to run some tests to make sure its ready for us to share. I think we are at a good point if we can verify that the rapid assessment tool allows user to match individuals, however the past few times we have used this function, I have had to come to the Forum as the IDs are not run automatically. Also, we just want to make sure the matching process is relatively quick – as of now it seems to be more than a week or so.

Thanks so much for your feedback!
Jenna

@tanyastere @jon the images have still not run and now when I look at the bulk import, it still has the buttons for sending the images to detection or IA even though I already did it.

Hi @jenna

Apologies for the delay. I found the error: Encounter.genus was set to “giraffa” rather than “Giraffa” in the spreadsheet. While this doesn’t block the bulk import, it does cause the machine learning system to believe that it doesn’t have an appropriate detector or ID algorithm for that genus in species.

I fixed the genus on the 49 Encounters in this bulk import, and it looks like they have started to go forward through detection and ID.

I will monitor and report back here.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jenna

Looks like all detection and ID jobs have completed.

Thanks,
Jason

Thanks @jason! One quick follow-up, to name a new individual, it only now gives me the option to assign “00X” rather than our conventional naming scheme (eg. loi235). Is there a way to ensure that our naming schemes are following when data is upload in this way?

Hi @jenna

I did not touch naming schemes in this ticket. Do you mind starting a new post and including a quick screenshot of what you’re seeing? I wuld love to dig further but as a new issue.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like