ID#s not merged upon import

@Anastasia @jwaite
What Wildbook are you working in
Flukebook

We imported 2019 historical data with IDs of various sightings (these were missing data that hadn’t been previously uploaded but are cropped and rotated and ID’d).
Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear that the IDs got merged with the existing ID # that already resided on the server.
See image,
In particular, it looks like #50, has 3 different entries as “Individual”, the one with 36 encounters is the one that we just imported. the individual #50 with 6 encounters are 2017-2018 dates from our historical catalog and part of the training data set. #50 with 8 encounters are from a sighting I have pulled in recently but haven’t ‘committed’ individuals yet.

IS this all because we haven’t “committed” the data yet? And how do we do that from this bulk import?
do we have to commit each individual image? ugh, there over 3k in this recent bulk import.

Oh, and to boot, we see some dates did not get filled in on our 3k images, so I need to reimport the xls.

hyperlink to search

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Thank you for letting us know. We actually a have a ticket already for the issue with multiple Marked Individual pages with the sharing same ID. Our work on it stalled when we ran into problems replicating the issue during testing. Multiple pages for the same individual in Flukebook and ACW · Issue #285 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub (edited link to point to correct ticket)

Hopefully this bring us closer to a solution sooner than later. Give me a little bit of time to work on next steps first before you decide to delete this and reimport with the additional dates included.

Can you also email the spreadsheet you used for this latest import to services@wildme.org?

Thank you for sending your spreadsheet. We’ve spent today testing and will continue working on this next week. I hope to have an update soon.

Hi @clsims

We’ve finally found the error and have deployed a fix. We’re waiting for current jobs in Flukebook to complete before de-duplicating the data later this evening. I’ll follow up with more info when that’s done.

@clsims The bug has been fully fixed in Flukebook and all duplicate records have been merged. If you check the previous link you shared earlier that listed all duplicate individuals, it now shows one Marked Individual page per ID: Flukebook | Login

Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this.

@Anastasia
Does this mean this bulk import of data is integrated “committed” to the Flukebook dataset?
Thanks,
Christy

By “commit” individuals, do you mean send them through detection and identification? If so, you don’t have to do that since they’ve already been imported with their Individual IDs. This means these imported Encounters will still be grouped with all other Encounters associated with the same individual on their respective Marked Individual pages.