Image slider on Marked Individual not working

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Windows 10

What web browser were you using? latest Chrome

What is your role on the site? Admin

What happened? Looking at several Marked Individual records with multiple encounters associated with them, when I click on the Arrows over the image in the gallery, nothing happens.

What did you expect to happen? I expected to see a selection of images that have been linked to this individual.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? Go to this record & repeat steps above: Marked Individual Ginkgo - https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/individuals.jsp?number=dcee7cf7-e826-42a0-8adc-d7ffd44feed2

At the top of an individual’s page, we have a slider that shows a subset of images just to provide some visual flavor to the otherwise non-visual Mark Individual page. The underlying logic is to go through the Encounters (most recent to oldest) and iterate through photos until a maximum of five are found. Then the slider stops to save query time and page load. This is by design and not meant to be any kind of comprehensive list. Click “View all images” to see all images associated with the individual.

Hey @ACWadmin1 ,
I navigated to the encounter you posted and am able to click through the images fine. If you only clicked once, you may not have seen a change in image because there are two annotations for the same media asset (one for body, one for tail), which means that the picture shows up twice in row.
Could you try clicking the button 5 times and see if you see 3 distinct media assets? If so, you’re getting the expected data.

I see what you mean. It’s disconcerting to see the image for tail and body duplicated but clicking past that does show me other images. thanks

1 Like