Inspection issues

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Lynx
What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) Ubuntu 18.04
What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Firefox 83.0
What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin

What happened?
This error comes up when you try to inspect some matches

{“status”: {“success”: false, “code”: 400, “message”: “Route error, Python Exception thrown: ""”, “cache”: -1}, “response”: “Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "/wbia/wildbook-ia/wbia/control/controller_inject.py", line 1217, in translated_call\n result = func(**kwargs)\n File "/wbia/wildbook-ia/wbia/web/apis_query.py", line 1140, in query_chips_graph_match_thumb\n raise controller_inject.WebMatchThumbException(*args, message=message)\nwbia.control.controller_inject.WebMatchThumbException: \n”}

What did you expect to happen?
An inspection page with the 2 lynxes matched with areas highlighted.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
On https://lynx.wildbook.org/iaResults.jsp?taskId=2750373d-8421-4dbe-8570-6bbc097156a4&nResults=50 from the 17th match result to the last one.

Hey there!
We’ve looked into this and know what it going on. IA returns a smaller list of results to improve rendering, but the Wildbook front end is not respecting the smaller list. We’ll go ahead and get that fixed. We’re tracking it with WB-1196.
Thanks!
Tanya

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? researcher & admin

What happened?
Got a “python exception” error upon inspection of match result #3: Wildbook for Carnivores

What did you expect to happen? no error, able to compare 2 images with hotspots

thanks
Maureen

I believe this is the same error you reported here: Inspection issues
If so, this is classified as a “moderate to severe” issue, but we’ve had another month of critical issues cropping up, so this hasn’t made it up the list yet.

Absolutely no problem. We’re just reporting as we see. Sorry, I don’t mean to overload you.

No worries! When we get it fixed, I’ll let you know about clean up for them and if it’s gonna be something addressed with a script or if it’s manual restarts or what. I’m gonna fold this in with the other report so we have them all grouped together.

1 Like

@AntonAB @ACWadmin1 this should be resolved now in lynx and acw, respectively.
-M

Hi @MarkF - I’m not sure if it’s the same as the python errors I’ve listed in this bug report: Another 400 Python error in match results - #9 by ACWadmin1

But if it is, then for us, I’m not sure it’s fixed. When I go to check some of the examples in that bug report, I’m finding the inspect button is missing. Specifically on the match results that were previously showing that python error upon inspection previously. See this example:
Matches #17-20 here: Wildbook for Carnivores
You’ll see that all of the other match results (#1-16) do have the inspect button.
In this example, match #8 displays the inspect button but when clicked, still throws a python error: Wildbook for Carnivores
If I switch from image scores to individual scores, match 8 becomes match 6 and the python error still shows upon inspection…

Apologies if I’m misunderstanding what’s been fixed here.

Thanks!
Maureen

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
I’m sorry for not responding to this back in May :sweat_smile: ! WB-1196 essentially hid the inspect button for match candidates beyond 16, which, to my knowledge, don’t have inspect images due to constraints with image analysis. WB-1196 was a cosmetic fix to prevent users from being able to create the python error you reported.

If you’re still seeing the python exception for candidates numbering less than 17, that’s likely a different bug that we should investigate.
-Mark