Internet connection fails, causes bulk upload to hang - user cannot restart bulk upload

What Wildbook are you working in?
ACW MAC OS 10.13.6, Safari 13.1.2

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/import/photos.jsp?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
Internet connection fails, causes bulk upload to hang - user cannot restart the bulk upload even after restarting Mac. Clear cache, resized images to reduce load… nothing worked

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
No idea, files work fine when I try to upload under my ID (I have not tried under User ID)

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report
Bulk import images and xls file sent to services@wildme.org

Hi @PaulK

I checked your link and this doesn’t appear to be an issue with a specific bulk import, but that a user with unreliable internet not being able to complete a bulk import, is that correct? I need more details on what exactly you’re referring to when you say the bulk upload hangs and can’t be restarted. What specifically is the user seeing and experiencing?

I suspect this was related to the other issues ACW experienced earlier this week that have since been resolved. I’m closing this for now, but if you’re still having issues with imports, let me know.

1 Like