IoT not matching known turtle(s)?

What Wildbook are you working in? Internet of Turtles

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing? This is the same turtle confirmed through tag re-sights and now by me by visually matching it. But IoT is not finding this as a match. It is not even showing it as a low possibility. Why would it not recognize this as being the same turtle?

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
I have run multiple matches through multiple locations (only NWHI, but also Hawaii in general). I have created my own annotations and tried running these matches, but to no avail.

Thank you for your help!

Jan Willem

Hi @noaahawaii

I’m putting these links here for my own reference while I look into this:

Hi @noaahawaii, thanks for your patience.

This appears to just be an instance of Hotspotter missing a match. None of the usual culprits like image quality, differing locations, differing viewpoints, or differing species applied here. AI isn’t perfect and this happens to be an example where it just missed a match.

I don’t have details on Hotspotter’s match performance for Chelonia mydas, but if I can find out, I’ll share it here.

Thank you for looking into this so quickly! I appreciate the help and details.

I would be very interested in Hotspotters performance if you do get those details at some point!

Again thank you for your help

1 Like

Thanks for your patience. From what I could find through a few papers online, Hotspotter’s performance on identifying green sea turtles is typically around 80-94% with the low end representing photographs taken under water.