Is export working?

I downloaded/exported the SAS USA data, but the Excel file was missing data in lots of columns. Can you please let me know when tat function is working correctly again?

Thanks!
Carol

Hi, Carol!

Tanya forwarded me your examples, and, after a bit of troubleshooting, I consulted Jason Holmberg. He informed me that the format disparity between your April version and the new version is a feature of the new updates rather than a bug.

The new structure of that export file is meant to bring exports in line better with bulk import format and is standardized now across the WildBooks.

With the reassurance that this might not be a bug after all, could I encourage you to revisit the new export and confirm that things are not missing? It will certainly be informative to us (me?) if things are missing missing.

Thanks, and I hope that you have an awesome weekend!!
-Mark

Thanks for your work on this. I did another export today and all looks good (aside from a bit of clean up I need to do!) and I see no missing data. I think what happened in that some of the columns i was looking for were in far right columns many of which were empty in our data? Regardless, it looks great now.

One thing I did realize is that I can’t find the links to the image files associated with each encounter anymore. They used to show up as a button underneath each photo. Now all the photos are in a Gallery Box, but I can’t find the link button in the new view. Can you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,
Carol

Hey @Carol,
I’m not 100% sure where you aren’t seeing the images, but I think maybe what you’re looking for is from the Individual page’s gallery? If so, you need to click on “View All Images” in the bottom right corner of the gallery and it will pop open a search list of those images, which have the links beneath them.

If that’s not the right place, I’m happy to keep looking. A URL would be helpful to keep digging.

Thanks,
Tanya

So, I went back and this time, the links were there. This same thing has happened in the past - sometimes, the links to the images are not there. Sometimes they are. Typically, I refresh the page or do a re-search and they show up. Those attempts didn’t work today, so I sent in the note. It’s a mystery! Sorry to bug you about it. If it happens again, I will try to get a screen grab to show you.

Carol

A screengrab and a time that it happened, so we can check the logs, would be perfect. Thanks Carol!

Tanya