What Wildbook are you working in?
What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
I’m going through matching IDs for a bulk import, and somehow two (Freckles and Casper) of the individual seals have merged into one, so now two different seals are both labeled with the same name (Casper). I really don’t know how this happened, as I didn’t merge those two individuals’ pages. Is there possibly a way to reset the matches to earlier today before two individual seals were merged? Or, is it possible to somehow go through and reassign some of the photos from Casper back to Freckles’ ?
Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
This occurred sometime during the process of identification, on the sighting page, after I clicked “confirm match” between two individuals.
If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line matching your bug report
No worries, this is pretty easy to fix. We have instructions in our Matching FAQ:
How do I unmerge two animals?
- From the Individual page, click on the Sighting preview icon until you find the Sighting that needs to be removed from that Individual.
- Leave that Sighting open in another browser tab.
- On the Individual page, hover your mouse over the trash can icon and you’ll see the hover text display “detach this sighting from this individual”.
- Click the trash can icon to remove the Sighting from the Individual
- Go back to your tab with the Sighting open to view the match results or re-run identification to find the correct match.
Hi! Thank you for your quick response! That makes sense, only the issue I’m running into now is that when I “detach this sighting from the individual” and return to the tab with the sighting results open, all the candidate matches are still labeled with the incorrect individual, and there’s not an option to assign a new name if all the candidate matches are already ID’d. Is there a way around this, or is the only option to re run identification completely? Thank you again for your help!
Yes, I recommend re-running ID. Those match results are cached from when ID was originally run, so submitting it again should show your match candidates with the correct name.