Issues Getting Started with the WBIA Software and API

What Wildbook are you working in? Whiskerbook/Generally trying to use the WBIA software and API

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred? N/A

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

I have installed the wbia software using the instructions here https://docs.wildme.org/docs/developers/wbia/wbia_overview but am having trouble actually using it. I have images already uploaded into the whiskerbook system with the detection and annotation steps already done. I need to run a custom hotspotter algorithm for my data, and am trying to do so with the wbia software but am running into issues getting started. Is there a way I can leverage/access what’s already in the online system (i.e. the database of images, all the annotations generated by the site, the familial relations that are set, etc.) or do I need to start from scratch locally? I’m having a hard time finding any documentation that addresses this.

Further, are there any examples or documentation on getting started with the wbia software or someone who could do a quick walk through on working with it?

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing? N/A

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Reflecting a separate email conversation addressing this issue.