Left side photo annotated as right side

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? SeadragonSearch

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) MacOS 12.6

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Safari 16.0

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin

What happened?

In this encounter:

https://wildbook.dragonsearch.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=41a887a5-aac8-4e7a-a754-b533b5a04327

There was a left side view photo that was annotated as a right side view for the head, and subsequently the match results were all right side photos. I tried removing the annotation so that I could manually add a new one, but that removed the whole image. So I uploaded the image again, but it was incorrectly annotated a second time as a right side for the head. (The image in question is PA191178.)

What did you expect to happen?

I want the correct annotation so that I can get corresponding match results.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

Possibly deleting and re-uploading the image; when I did this it reproduced the issue.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi team, just checking in on this one! Here is the link again to the encounter with the issue:

Thank you! -Chrissy

Hi @ChrissyTustison

The viewpoint labeling part of the detector does make a % of mistakes for every decision. This looks normal, and the only solution is to annotate more data and retrain the ML detector in the future.

Do you know how to delete an annotation and manually add the correct one using the “remove annotation” and “add annotation” commands?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason , interesting! Every time I tried to remove the annotation from the photo with the bounding box around the head, the image was completely deleted from the encounter. But when I tried it with the body bounding box, it worked!

1 Like

Hi @ChrissyTustison

Every time I tried to remove the annotation from the photo with the bounding box around the head, the image was completely deleted from the encounter. But when I tried it with the body bounding box, it worked!

Would you be able to set up a dummy Encounter that replicated this for me? I would lile to look deeper at this potential bug.

Thanks,
Jason