Lion config issues

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
Issue 1: The different (lion, lioness, lion_general) body annotation labels are no longer available on manual annotations
Example: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

Issue 2: Normally I would expect that adding a 2nd lion+head annotation to an image would place that 2nd head annotation in a new encounter record but it didn’t in this example.

Steps I took: IA had annotated the body of the lion in the foreground correctly but had not added a head annotation. So I added the head annotation manually which, when I refreshed the original encounter, showed on the same encounter as the body, as expected.
Then, because there’s another lion head visible in the image, I added an annotation on the 2nd head. That 2nd head annotation then showed up in the gallery of the original encounter record.
I expected that the 2nd head annotation would have a newly generated encounter of its own.
Should I have created a body annotation for that 2nd lion first, before adding the head annotation?

Encounter: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

Your assistance is very much appreciated!

cheers,
Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

This interface was dsigned for the fairly basic case of one animal and one part. It only presents a list of matchable IA classes. To meet the slightly more advanced use cases of:

• add nonmatchable IA class
  • add more than one part to an image

We will need to add more logic to the section where it decides to clone the Encounter. I have filed this as ticket WB-1985.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Hi there @jason , any news on ticket WB-1985? I’m still seeing multiple different individuals’ heads annotated in a single encounter: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

thanks!
Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

We’ve recently moved our ticketing system into Github, so WB-1985 is now issue #248. It doesn’t look like there have been any recent updates to report back.