Low priority - "latest animal encounters" on home pg doesn't update with bulk-imported data

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? admin

What happened?
Two batches of ID’d animals were recently added via bulk import. The stat section called “Latest animal encounters” on the home page does not reflect these newly added individuals. This may be intentional in the design - to only reflect submissions ID’d post “report an encounter” import? Or maybe the code for that stat wasn’t updated when bulk import functionality was added?

Note that ID’s done on unassigned encounters that were bulk imported are also not reflected in this “latest animal encounters”.

What did you expect to happen? for the stat to reflect ID’s on bulk imported encounters not just single encounter submissions via ‘report an encounter’

best
Maureen

Hi Maureen,

Latest animal encounters should be date sorted (by date of sighting not date of submission) for identified Encounters. Things that can affect this list:

1. Whether the bulk import Encounters are approved
  2. Whether the bulk import Encounters are identified
  3. Whether the sighting date of the Encounters is truly the newest sighting of an identified individual or whether there are newer sightings in the database.

If I sort by Encounter dates for identified and approved Encounters, it looks like “those ears” is truly the most recently sighted individual by sighting date. I think this is working as designed.

Thanks,
Jason

Ahhh! Date of sighting. So date of when the ID is made on an unconfirmed sighting is irrelevant then as well. That’s unexpected so we’ll have to shift our thinking around this a bit but I understand the design parameters now, thanks.