Manta Adoption requiring login

Hi @AFlam,
There seems to be an issue with adoption requiring accounts that seems to be on all platforms; I’m betting it has to do with recent upgrades that were done. We’ll get this resolved, tracking it under WB-1348.

Tanya

1 Like

Hi @AFlam, this issue has been resolved. Security was too strict after an upgrade and is now relaxed slightly.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Hi @jason this seems to still be a problem. I just received an email to the MM info that the adoption page was trying to force them to login. I can do the adoption for them manually for now, but payment is going to be an issue.

It has been re-opened.I just successfully went through the whole process with needing to log in.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,

From emailing with this recent adopter, it seems she managed to get through the whole adoption until the last page (adding in the adopter information - name, photo etc). After that she was asked to log in. Her payment went through; she sent me the confirmation. However, the adoption isn’t appearing on Manta Matcher (I’ve opened all the adoptions, I see the one you ran as a test and one I entered manually, but not either of the two I’ve asked about on this thread). So it seems these adoption payments are being processed, but then it’s not showing up on the website.

These are the mantas that the people I’ve been speaking with have paid to adopt (and received payment confirmations), but the adoptions aren’t showing up on Manta Matcher

Lenard Milich adopted: https://www.mantamatcher.org/individuals.jsp?id=0cfeaab5-87a8-4e38-9e43-63f3a74c6037
on behalf of Pradnyaparamita Milich

Gülce Lina Elüstü adopted: https://www.mantamatcher.org/individuals.jsp?id=0185b83c-9217-447f-96ec-02bc8021f2b1
on behalf of Evrim

Hi @AFlam ,

Just to clarify: was this before or after my change three days ago? I did see these exact conditions three days ago and then made a change that reopened that final page.

Thanks,
Jason

Sorry, just realized I hadn’t replied to this…
It was before you made the change. But the two people who made the adoptions before the change still aren’t in the system as adopters. I’ve put Lina in manually, but not Lenard. Lina’s adoptions isn’t connected to the payment though. Nothing would happen if she cancels the payment (I’m not sure if that would happen in the automated system(

Hi, I’ve got another adoption issue. It’s not about logins, but there seems to be an overall issue with people making adoptions, but then the adoptions never show up in the system.

Perry Comley adopted a manta by accident, and he is having trouble cancelling and getting a refund. I tried to take a look at the adoption in the system, but I cannot see his adoption (the most recent is an adoption I added manually last month). He says he’s tried to cancel, but the payment is still being taken from his bank. I don’t have access to the payments either, and it’s not the first time I’ve had people asking me questions like this around adoptions. Who should I be going to for adoptions payment issues?

@jason is the person to go to for the manual adjustments. I think we may need to take down the adoption feature until we’re able to put some focus into it, which should be by the end of this month. It’s just not worth the runaround you and your adopters are getting in the meantime.

I issued a refund and canceled the subscription. We need to suspend adoptions and switch payment processors.

I have set the basic adoption setting for MantaMatcher to off, which cascades throughout the platform. We can turn these back on when we have switched payment processors.

I am noticing that all old adoptions are also no longer showing. Does this mean that emails are also not going out?

Thanks

I checked the code. Emails should still be going out.

We have already begun our work improving the backend payment processing and will report back when it is complete. The old process did not let adopters control their adoption. The new process should allow adopters to control their payments and reduce the number of adoptions that need support.

Thanks,
Jason

Thanks Jason!

Could I add one more feature request (let me know if this is better as a new topic): the ability for researchers to block certain mantas from adoption? We’ve talked about this a bit before. MMF runs their own adoptions, we don’t do this with all the mantas, but usually the ones with the best photos. If all of my unnamed mantas are up for adoption, then some of the ones I’m saving might be adopted via Manta Matcher. Is there a way we can prevent this?

Hello, @AFlam and @E.Germanov !
This is just to let you know that adoptions are live once again on mantamatcher with the new payment processors.
Cheers,
Mark

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Change wording on adoption page

Adding onto here, because I’ve just had another email about adoptions not going through. This one from ajitabh.raizada@gmail.com. I’m forwarding that to Mark as well. I’ve offered to put this one in manually.

1 Like

Hi, @AFlam !
Thanks for reporting this. Let me know if you end up needing any help on this one!
-Mark

All good. I put it through manually. It just seems to be an ongoing issue with the adoptions not going through automatically. I’m also a bit concerned about how it works if I do things manually, if then they’re not connected to any payment, and people want to make other changes later.

Hi, @AFlam !

Yeah, totally understandable. We’ve actually seen the number of requests for assistance with adoption go down quite a bit since implementing Donorbox (with which users can manage their donation subscriptions directly) and the new workflow.

So, while certainly not ideal, at least it is incrementally better than it was!

If you ever need help with a particular user, just holler! I’m happy to help out!
-Mark

1 Like