Match Result By Class: "salamander_fire_adult: exception"

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Amphibina and Reptile Wildbook
What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows PC
What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Firefox Browser
What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
admin/researcher/orgAdmin
What happened?
After a bulk import (Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook | Login), during the identification stage, for each encounter under “Match Results by Class”, “salamander_fire_adult: exception” is being shown instead of “salamander_fire_adult: completed”.
This is being shown above the encounter list: “Data Import Status: complete
Computer Vision Status: identification requests sent (see table below for links to each matching job). 0 individual computer vision tasks complete of 21 total. Each ID job in the queue is currently averaging a turnaround time of 2 minutes.
What did you expect to happen?
The identification process to run smoothly.
What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report
This is a bulk import by David.Kupitz, so I don’t have the bulk import sheet but i can hand it in later if necessary.

I have just found this thread: Matching "Exception" defined
I have already resent the encounters to identification but the “… exception” status remains.

Thanks for letting me know. I also tried manually running only the stalled tasks to see if that made a difference, but I’m still seeing the exception on these ID results. I need more time to look into what’s happening.

1 Like

Thanks for emailing the spreadsheet!

I didn’t see anything unusual in it. We restarted ARW so hopefully that will help get the import moving again.

I’ve also updated the Bulk Import FAQ docs with an explanation for the match result statuses:

• waiting to queue - Images haven’t sent to WBIA yet
  • queuing - Trying to send images to WBIA
  • queued - Images in WBIA, waiting for them to come back
  • error - Something went wrong. Let us know in the Community Forums.
  • exception - Something went wrong. Let us know in the Community Forums.
  • completed - Done; images back from WBIA
1 Like

Hi @Anastasia ,
the status is now “salamander_fire_adult: queued”, however, that status didn’t change since the last 10 h or so while Computer Vision Status shows: “identification requests sent (see table below for links to each matching job). 0 individual computer vision tasks complete of 21 total. Each ID job in the queue is currently averaging a turnaround time of 2 minutes.”.
Could you please look into it again?
Cheers,
Max

Update: The identification process has been completed: Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook | Login

1 Like

Great! thanks for the update. I’m going to resolve this now, but let me know if anything is not behaving as expected.