Match results won't load

What Wildbook are you working in?

Flukebook

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

I recently got an issue with a large number of photos not being annotated resolved, but now I am not getting any results when I try to run matches. The site gets stuck on the loading screen “waiting for results” for 30+ minutes until it changes to “attempting to fetch results,” and it never gets past that point. I’ve had this issue for several days now. Wondering if there is anything I can do to resolve the long/seemingly infinite wait times or if the system is experiencing overloads recently? Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

Trying to run a match on any unidentified individual in our catalog produces the same result.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @UR-Stelle

We are still pushing the last 150 encounters from your data through machine learnings, and the links above ar included in that. It took through the weekend to extract the 2300+ CurvRank and finFindr features for the fins. We’re just now catching up, but everything should be done in 2-3 hours.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Oh, perfect, thank you so much. I was thinking they might still be processing because it was such a large number but wanted to make sure that it wasn’t something else that was preventing the matches from running.

Your help is very much appreciated, thank you for confirming what was going on!! :)))

Hi @jason

It looks like all of my encounters are able to be matched now, but I’ve been experiencing crazy long wait times and over the past three days and therefore still haven’t run any matches successfully. Could this be something wrong on my end or is the system just really backed up right now? I was expecting it might clear up but it’s only gotten worse over the past few days.

Here’s a screenshot of what I encountered today:

and here is the link to the match: Flukebook

Do I just need to wait it out?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @UR-Stelle

Yes, there was one ID job that gummed up thousands of matching jobs. I deleted it, and the queue has completed and resolved itself. I sent several of your bulk imports through matching, so you should see many with matching results. I will look for more that can be sent through ID en masse, but I might send them through in smaller batches.

You should be able to run matching now without long delays.

Thank you,
Jason

1 Like

@jason

Awesome, everything is running smoothly now.

Thanks again!

1 Like