Matching issues

What Wildbook are you working in? Flukebook

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

Many of the possible matches I am getting these days hardly resemble the to-be-matched whale. It seems to want to match to anything within the same sighting before considering the rest of my individuals even if they are different colors, etc. I am finding far fewer matches than I used to.

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Thanks for letting me know. Did this start happening with the latest import or did you notice this behavior before then?

I’ve had some issues before but think this one is worse than others.

Got it. We think we found the cause and we’re working on it right now.

Wow - that was quick. Thanks!

I don’t know if this is being fixed, but I think I would share it. I have never seen an annotation like this!

Thanks for your patience. We’ve fixed the questionable annotation orientations that were causing fewer historical matches to appear and resent them to ID.

That last annotation is definitely weird, but luckily it doesn’t point to a bigger issue. This is just a bad random annotation. Feel free to edit and resent to ID.

OK - thanks.

1 Like