Matching results - does not work

What Wildbook are you working in?
ARW
What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook for example. Tried matching individuals in different projects. Does not work anywhere
Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
Cannot see matching results. Always shows “waiting for results” and not showing them
Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

1 Like

I’ve tried it again now for a few individuals and always only got 2 or 3 results Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook This is very unusual. I normally get 12 results most of the time

1 Like

I have the same problem, also working in ARW (project " Uni Bielefeld - Adults Kottenforst").
Cheers,
Max

Hi @Max.Muehlenhaupt @Max.Muehlenhaupt

Both of the links above showed me results. HotSpotter will give you the top 12 scores above 0 (no correspondence), but it will not force additional match results if they have no correspondence. A top 2 result set means only two individuals generated scoresabove zero and are worth considering. This is HotSpotter behaving as normal. Please keep in mind that the projects dropdown can also cause results to appear and disappear in the results set, though that does not appear to be the reason here that only two results appeared.

Other considerations:

• Was matching kicked off inside a project? If so, only other results from the project will appear, ignoring any potential matches outside the project.

• Which location IDs were seletced to filter matching by? This too will impact the number of animals considered and the volume of potential matches.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Hi Jason,

My first problem was that “waiting for results” showed but I never actually got a result. After a while it worked again but then I only received 2-3 results for matches. I do agree that there shouldn’t be unnecessary results but it was very unusual because I normally get 12 in my larvae projects. And also, I work in projects where I keep adding pictures which is why I was surprised to get less results in the bigger data set. - Long story short, I tested a few more larvae and it’s running smooth for me now. Thanks for your help!

Best,
Laura

1 Like