Matching very slow, no results displaying

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? latest Chrome

What is your role on the site? admin & researcher

What happened?

I received an email from a South Africa-based researcher @ 1am PT saying that matching was extremely slow and she wasn’t getting any results - just the “attempting to fetch results” message but never any actual results.

I just ran a match (not selecting “My data”) and it’s been running now for over 15 minutes without any results - it just gave the “attempting to fetch results” message. I used this encounter to Start New Match: https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=05691483-1d55-4cb0-a597-009d0e5f6f3d

What did you expect to happen?
Since the back end upgrade that @parham did on Tues, we were hoping for faster match processing

The system is currently busy processing a large import of cheetah data and a related ID job which is currently working. This is normally not an issue since we have multiple workers, but there are currently two very large jobs in the queue. Once this one-time compute is completed and cached, the remaining jobs will be picked up and turn-around times will return to normal.

Okay. A large cheetah upload??? that I don’t know about? that’s strange… Ahhh, must be the Asiatic cheetah WB.

The two jobs have completed and the worker queue for ACW has been brought to 0 remaining jobs. We apologize for the slowdown experienced today.

1 Like