Media Asset column not importing on bulk import

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
GiraffeSpotter
What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 10
What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Chrome
What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
Admin / researcher

What happened?
Imported impages and excel but media column and some additional columns not importing.
What did you expect to happen?
All data imported and ability to run through IA
What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Try a bulk upload.
If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @jenna

Which columns does GiraffeSpotter report it cannot import? Can you provide a screenshot?

Thank you,
Jason

Hi @jason , see screenshot below. Only some of the columns are importing even though all of the columns were included in the spreadsheet.

@jenna can you please attach or copy the list of not imported fields that appears at the bottom of that screen?

Hi @jenna

We also restarted the GiraffeSpotter server. This alone may resolve the issue of not importing the Encounter.mediaAsset0 column. Please let me know if it does.

Thanks,
Jason

Yes that solved the issue. Thank you!

@jason , that seems to have fixed the issue last week however its now happening again on my most recent upload. Will send through the new spreadsheet now.

Hi @jenna

I restarted the server, which generally resolves the issue. Please let me know if the import now proceeds with implementing that column.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Thanks @jason. That fixed it!

1 Like

Hi @jason, unfortunately seems like its happening again. Is there something on our end we can do to prevent this from happening? Its seems like now its happening with almost every upload regardless of how large the upload is.
Thanks!

Hi @jenna

I have restarted the server. We have upgrades that fix this, but with the some of the customizations on GiraffeSpotter we need to be careful about upgrades. Iā€™m going to try to schedule an upgrade for next week.

Thanks,
Jasonm