Missing Information when using Excel Format to Export Search Results

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Internet of Turtles

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) MacOS 13.6.1

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome Version 120.0.6099.216

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) researcher

What happened? When exporting the results in Standard Format all of the results and information are present but not in the Excel Spreadsheet (ex: depth and carapace length and width as well as a lot less encounters).

What did you expect to happen? To have the same results and data in different format.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Encounter Search > Select Red Sea Turtles Project > Export Data in Standard Format and Excel spreadsheet (.xls) file in OBIS format for the same search result.

Link to the search results: Internet of Turtles

This is not urgent at all I just wanted to let you know.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @linaelsayed03

Just to clarify, the issue is that different data is available depending on the export format that’s selected, is that correct?

Hi @Anastasia

Yes exactly. If you export the same search results with both the Standard and the Excel format, the Excel format seems to be incomplete.

(It would also be great if we could include carapace length and width as well as depth in the Excel format).

Once again this is not very urgent as I can still work with the standard format.

Thank you for all of your help and support!
Have a great day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Related to IOT Export Length Data

Thanks for letting us know about this. We’re going to need more time to research this bug. I hope to have an update on this by next week.

1 Like

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Good afternoon,

I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if you had any updates.

Have a great day,
Lina El Sayed Aly

We’re still working on this one, but it’s taking more time than expected, especially as it’s been a busier than usual few weeks for support requests. Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

Hi @linaelsayed03

I should have a ticket ready for this soon. I’ll post it here as soon as I’m done documenting my findings.

Here’s the ticket link: Incomplete OBIS export data in IoT · Issue #381 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

1 Like