Missing Location IDs

What Wildbook are you working in? Leopard Shark

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred? Wildbook for Leopard Sharks | Login

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

Hi Jason,

Is there a way we can also get permission to edit encounters that have not been issued a location ID? Such as the below:

https://leopardshark.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=be1d15fe-40d8-4443-bff8-7e27f3635f31

This is local but as the submitter has not placed a location ID I cannot edit it.

Many thanks

David

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi, @drobinson !

I found this post while looking for older unanswered posts. Apologies that this slipped through the cracks!

Since the last leopard shark update, this encounter was not associated with a submitterID, and therefore became public, which means that any user can edit information about it except for its (public) owner.

I don’t know whether that was what resolved the issue or whether you managed to resolve this in some other way, but this encounter now clearly has a locationID.

I’m going to mark this issue as resolved, but please let me know if it is not!
Cheers,
Mark