MM Search image showing up incorrectly

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Manta Matcher

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) 10.MacOS 10.15.6 (also happened on a PC)

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome 88

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin

What happened? When I ran a search the CR image appeared incorrectly (upsidedown and mostly uncropped). It was never set like that in the first place, and I re-ran the search on a different computer/browser, and it still showed up wrong, so I don’t think the incorrect image is cached. Having the image flipped like this makes it annoying to match (I haven’t seen this issue occur on other searches yet, though).

The set CR
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 1.59.39 PM

The search results

What did you expect to happen? The CR image to appear as I set it.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? Run a match on this encounter: MantaMatcher

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi, Anna!

That is, indeed, quite weird.
The original image looks like it’s 500 pixels X 500 pixels, which is two pixels away from our minimum recommended size, so my first hunch is that it might be related to the small size of the image.

Beyond that, I’m not quite sure yet why it’s behaving that way. We’re tracking this internally under the ticket WB-1548. Hopefully, we’ll have more info. and a solution soon!

Hi, Anna!
The weirdness deepens!
I attempted to reproduce your results with that same image, drew a candidate region, and am seeing it right-side up: MantaMatcher
However, I’m seeing some weird differences between Chrome and Firefox browsers on the encounter page in manta matcher that I’ve not seen on other Wildbooks. I’m also not seeing a way to delete and re-draw a candidate region, either, so I’m not aware of a work-around short of deleting the encounter and re-submitting it again. This may not be a good solution if this encounter is connected to others in a sighting/occurrence or individual, which doesn’t seem to be the case.

I plan on escalating this to more knowledgeable others on Monday. Thanks for your patience.


1 Like

Yes, it’s started showing up for me right side up as well (still on the same browser, so I’m not sure what happened).

I’ve actually deleted the feature region and created a new one. For the bigger image you can delete it by clicking the box just as you would to make the match, and for the smaller one you go to the bottom of the page where we used to run the Chris Town algorithm. Now, however, I’m encountering the issue I did in the other post where I cannot match with the new algorithms is I create a new feature region.

Hi, @AFlam !
I think that this can be tacked onto WB-1585 as well, from the other community post:

1 Like