What Wildbook are you working in?
Internet of Turtles
What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
Public submitters who submit their encounters to Red Sea Project arrive as N/A submitters and not public. I am therefore unable to work on them, edit them and ID them (even if I have a match from another encounter submission). There are also other N/A encounters in the project because some of the interns were logged in the RSPvolunteers account but changed the information in the about you section. I think that IOT is therefore unable to understand where it is coming from whether it is public or from a researcher account and classifies it as N/A. It would be great if I were to be able to edit them.
Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
Submit a public encounter and select one of the Red Sea Project’s projects while submitting the encounter.
If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to email@example.com with the email subject line matching your bug report
Hi @linaelsayed03, thanks for letting us know about this.
I’ll need some time to research what’s happening. I’ll follow up here if I have any clarifying questions or updates for you.
Thank you so much, here is also the link to something similar which occurred. Trouble identifying an individual - #3 by linaelsayed03
That’s helpful context; thank you!
Tagging @jason for visibility.
I manually updated the user on the URLs you provided to “public.” I’ve also submitted a test encounter to the project while logged out to confirm it’s unassigned to a user by default: 68308a80-a19a-42a0-b76d-fbd0001e992b
Thanks for your patience while we continue to work on this.
Thank you so much. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help and thank you again for all of your work.
Thanks for your patience with this. This has been fixed, with 812 “N/A” encounters now being assigned to the user “public.” Now when future submissions come through from a user who isn’t logged in, those will automatically be assigned to “public.”
Amazing really, thank you so much for all of your work!
Hope you are doing well. I just wanted to inform you that unfortunately the public encounters are coming in as “N/A” encounters once again. I just tried submitting one to check and it is in fact assigned to N/A and not public.
Here is the encounter in question: Internet of Turtles
If there is anything I can do to help you with this please let me know.
Thank you for all your help and support.
Thanks for the heads up! Let me see what I can find out about this.
I’ve added this to our bug report list. If you find specific encounters you’d like me to assign in the meantime, let me know.
Thank you so much. I will let you know ASAP.
Thanks for hanging in there! So apparently the code was fixed back in February but the backend was ignoring it. We’ve tested submitting encounters while logged out and they’re being properly assigned to “public” again. We’ve also updated the 80 N/A encounters that should have been assigned to the public user. Sorry for the churn! This should be fixed for real now.
Thank you so much really for all of your help.