Need instruction for bulk import in zebra codex

What Wildbook are you working in?

• zebra codex

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

• I need an instruction for bulk import. I noticed it is very different from the previous one.

• I check the documentation, but it is still TBD

• I tried to figure it out myself, but failed so far.

1. Specifically, which titles should it be for picture names, specific locations (sublocation after fill in the whole region), and the reporter?
    2. What should I fill in for time precision when I already have columns for year, month, day, hour, minute, and second?
    3. After I upload all the pictures and the spreadsheet, it looks like everything’s good. Yet when I want to report sightings, there comes a submission error: Tus transaction must contain files. What does it mean?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @xie.bing

Apologies for the delayed response. We have a video detailing some of the new instructions here:

Starting at 19:30 in the video, I detail the new bulk import process.

1. Specifically, which titles should it be for picture names, specific locations (sublocation after fill in the whole region), and the reporter?

The new system maps data names, such as “Assets” for a comma-separated list of images, to your column names, such as Encounter.mediaAssets (but now you can use whatever you like as the column header). There is a list of column names supported in the import screens.

1. What should I fill in for time precision when I already have columns for year, month, day, hour, minute, and second?

Options are: year, month, day, hour, minutes, seconds

After I upload all the pictures and the spreadsheet, it looks like everything’s good. Yet when I want to report sightings, there comes a submission error: Tus transaction must contain files. What does it mean?

Generally, this means that images were not uploaded with the bulk import.

Thank you,
Jason

Hi @jason

Thank you so much for your answer! I guessed that you might work on the instruction thus needed more time to answer me. That’s perfectly OK. The video helps quite a lot.

I understand now how to do bulk import, only one problem remains, the submission error: Tus transaction must contain files. I am sure all the images were already uploaded with the bulk import, yet I still got the error. Does it help I post the link below to let you see the web page with error?
https://zebra.wildme.org/bulk-import

Here are also screenshots in the process:

Sincerely,
Bing

Thank you @xie.bing

Two quick questions:

• Which browser are you using? We recommend trying in Chrome.

• Can you please send your spreadsheet to services@wildme.org?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason ,

Thank you!

Browser - It was Chrome.

Spreadsheet - Sent just know :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Bing

Thank @xie.bing

Your spreadsheet looks good. With services @ wildme dot org, can you also please share your images via Dropbox or another service? I would like to replicate the bulk upload issue myself.

Thank you,
Jason

Hi @jason ,

Yeah, I sent you just now via google drive. Hope it works : )

Sincerely,
Bing

Hi @xie.bing

The error is not very helpful, but the root issue is that the filenames in your spreadsheet don’t match the filenames of the images.

Example from spreadsheet: 202012140017DSCN2701.JPG

Example JPG: 20201214_0017_DSCN2701.JPG

Please make sure the filenames in your spreadsheet exactly match those of the files.

Thank you,
Jason

Hi @jason ,

Thank you!

Ah why didn’t I notice it. It worked in that way when I did bulk import in the old platform, yet we are in the new one now!

I tried with right filenemes just now, and it worked!

Thank you so much!

By the way, what is the upper limit of numbers of pictures for a bulk import?

Sincerely,
Bing

These is no enforced limit currently, but we recommend low thousands since the downstream machine learning queues can otherwise get very, very large.

Thanks
Jason

Hi @jason ,got it. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Bing

1 Like