New entries - sometimes miewID, sometimes Hotspotter

LG-0001 - LG-0070 can be used for training MiewID already. I have an intern checking all the individuals on any mistakes. I will let you know when he is done with the first 100.

1 Like

Hi @Anastasia,
LG-0001 until LG-0100 can be used for Miew ID training.
Let me know if you need more,
thanks!

Hi @Anastasia, is there anymore news on this bug yet? It is quite time consuming. thanks!

No, not yet. Any progress updates will appear in the ticket I linked, but I’ll update this post when it’s resolved.

Hey @FrederikeOtten

I have a quick update on MiewID: we’ve added the latest multi-species model to GiraffeSpotter (trained on 53 species) and are interested in hearing if you start to see improved match results with it.

Hi @Anastasia, it seems that at the moment the matching isn’t working. It doesn’t show any giraffes to compare.

hi, it does seem to work when a start a new match. MiewID is working a bit better, but Hotspotter is still much better.

1 Like

hi @Anastasia, any chance the above problem can be looked into? ‘match results’ don’t show matches, only when starting another match. thanks

Sorry, @FrederikeOtten! I think I misunderstood the problem when you mentioned it earlier.

Just to make sure we’re on the same page, submitting a new encounter doesn’t display match results after ID is run and it has to be re-run manually in order to work correctly. Is that right?

HI @Anastasia, my problem at the moment is that if you click on ‘match results’ you get no results:

Only if you click on ‘start another match’ you get results but obviously this takes much longer to get results.

I’ve spot checked your recent encounters and I’m seeing match results on the ones I’ve checked so far. Can you send me the link to some encounter examples to investigate? If you notice that they all come form the same bulk import, it may be a good idea to re-run ID on it because it could point to a WBIA hiccup that occurred when ID was first run.

no it is not the recent encounters, but the new ones. Let me send you some links.

Wildbook for Giraffe (giraffespotter.org)

1 Like

Thanks for the examples! These match results are from the beginning of the year, so there may have been an ID issue that’s since resolved from it they were first run.

If you see this happening with brand new uploads, let me know so I can keep digging.

can you please check what is happening with this one?

Thanks for flagging this one! We fixed a configuration issue and you should be able to run a new match now since this was last run in Jan 2023.

Here are the updated results: Wildbook for Giraffe

Hi @Anastasia ,

I am afraid this problem is still happening. Sometimes miewID and sometimes Hotspotter.
MiewID is still not 100%, so ideally we need both.

thanks

Thanks for the update. I’m not able to dig into this more until the current GiraffeSpotter ID backlog clears. If you can share a couple of links to examples in the meantime, we can use them when researching this.

Thank you! It looks like your first match result link may be from a deleted encounter, but the other two will work for our research.