New entries - sometimes miewID, sometimes Hotspotter

good morning,
I have done some new entries. Sometimes they are only being matched by miewID and sometimes only by Hotspotter.
MiewID is absolutely not working for the Thornicroft giraffe yet, so when it is only matched with miewID this is not helpful.
Can you have a look at this?
thanks,
Frederike

Hi @FrederikeOtten

Are you seeing inconsistent algorithms being applied for the same species? For example, Thornicroft giraffe photos sometimes display Hotspotter results + MiewID and other times just MiewID?

Yes that is correct. Sometimes only Hotspotter results, sometimes only Miew ID and sometimes both.

@Anastasia it seems like Giraffespotter isnt working… the whole day yesterday and now still not working?

Sorry for the late reply - I restarted the server this morning and it’s back online again!

Can you share links that show examples of the inconsistent results so I can research this?

only miewID:
Wildbook for Giraffe (giraffespotter.org)

only hotspotter: Wildbook for Giraffe (giraffespotter.org)

both:

These are great examples; thank you! We’ve verified that this is a bug and we’ll need more time to figure out why the algorithms are running inconsistently when both MiewID and Hotspotter should run together for Thornicroft’s giraffes.

Here’s the ticket link: Manually reporting an encounter doesn't consistently run default algorithms · Issue #487 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

In the meantime, I’m waiting to hear back from the machine learning team on the status of Thornicroft’s giraffes for MiewID.

Here’s the update on MiewID: We don’t have enough data to train it on Thornicofti yet. It primarily works best right now on reticulated giraffes.

You previously shared 10 individuals for the training efforts, but it’s not enough data for us to complete training it. We need at least 100 individuals for successful results.

LG-0001 - LG-0070 can be used for training MiewID already. I have an intern checking all the individuals on any mistakes. I will let you know when he is done with the first 100.

1 Like

Hi @Anastasia,
LG-0001 until LG-0100 can be used for Miew ID training.
Let me know if you need more,
thanks!

Hi @Anastasia, is there anymore news on this bug yet? It is quite time consuming. thanks!

No, not yet. Any progress updates will appear in the ticket I linked, but I’ll update this post when it’s resolved.