New ID option greyed out

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? GiraffeSpotter

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) Windows

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) admin

What happened? The option to add a new ID when none are matched is not active. This was reported previously from Zambia team, but I’m not sure what the resolution was… Image Analysis has returned and no match was found - #3 by FrederikeOtten

What did you expect to happen? Ability to add new ID

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? The issue was raised by a partner in Kenya, but I can confirm it applies to my own uploads too, e.g.,

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

HI @CourtneyMarne

As long as your new ID is at least 2 characters long, the button will turn from grey to blue so you can save it.

In your screenshot, there isn’t anything in the Set new individual ID textbox, so it’s not clear if you were unable to save a new ID even after typing something here. Let me know so I can continue troubleshooting.

In the other thread, it was a result of trying to assign the giraffe to an existing ID that belong to a different species than the one they were trying to assign. Image Analysis has returned and no match was found - #9 by Anastasia

Because you’re trying to create a new individual ID and not assign an existing one, they are two different issues.

Thanks for the clarity @Anastasia, and sorry for not being clear.

I was trying to type a new ID in the box but it would not allow, the text box was also greyed out. However, I checked again this morning and it allows entry/addition. so setting new ID from encounter directly works.

However, still from the match page, after selecting ‘confirm no match’, it is giving an error saying unable to add new id
“Something went wrong with assigning the new name to the individual containing encounter 3177de…”

Thanks for the additional info! We’re aware of the issues with the Confirm no match button. There’s a ticket for it here: Confirm no match button should let users create new individual · Issue #598 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

This should be fixed with the next Wildbook update. In the meantime, the workaround is to assign IDs from the encounter page. If you experience it not letting you type in the text box, let me know.

Thanks @Anastasia, is there a timeline for this fix / next Wildbook update?

It should be coming this month!

This is fixed in the latest Wildbook 10.3.0 update. We’re in the process of gradually rolling this out across all Wildbooks.

1 Like