Next suggested new ID: missing

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? SeadragonSearch

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) El Capitan 10.11.6

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Version 87.0.4280.88

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) admin

What happened? The neat little ‘suggested next ID’ is not working for location Sandtracks

What did you expect to happen? A number to be suggested.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Also not working for WA-Point Peron as well as WA-Sandtracks

Also not working for WA-Augusta

Hey @NeridaWilson,
We need to update a properties file to include those locationIDs. We’ll get that done shortly, tracking under WB-1284.

1 Like

Also not working for the NSW locations recently added to the dropdown menu @tanyastere!

@NeridaWilson @ChrissyTustison

These should be implemented.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Thanks jason, I can confirm that it is working for Sandtracks, but not for Augusta. I cant test Point Peron yet, cheers, nerida

Hi Nerida,

I forgot to account for the spaces in the names in the mapping file. This should be fixed now.

Thanks,
Jason

Thnaks Jason, all good on this end, thanks!

Hi Jason, these WA sites also not working. Canal Rocks, North Mole, North Beach, thanks! Nerida

Tracking this under WB-1436

Hi Tanya, a related but probably different ticket number job…we recently ticked over 1000 for WA. Hooray. So now our next suggested gives a code of WA-0xxxx, when it should just stay at 4 digits like WA-1xxx. Are we able to fix that? thank you!

Hey @NeridaWilson, the regions you listed should be working and have been fixed for almost a month. Somehow I haven’t made it here to let you know about it.
Can you confirm you can see them?

I will get someone looking at the region numbering. It will be under WB-1528.

Hi @tanyastere and @jason ! Recently added locations for NSW are also not getting the next suggested new ID: Henry’s Head and Blue Fish Point, and I expect it would also happen with Magic Point and Shellharbour if I had encounters for those new ones… Thanks for your help with this! -Chrissy

Hi, @ChrissyTustison and @NeridaWilson !
We deployed an update today to SeadragonSearch! I believe that it fixed the lingering issues to some of these locations, among other things!

May I mark this as resolved?
Many thanks,
Mark

Thanks, @MarkF !

The new NSW locations are now working for the next predicted ID number, so those are good to go. WA is still adding an extra digit and is off for the next predicted ID, for example it should be WA-1311, but predicts WA-10027. Seems like there is something else going on with that one? But good news for the others, thanks!

Hi, @ChrissyTustison !
Looks like a user might have entered “WA-10026” instead of “WA-1026” at some point… so our numbering systems just looks for the max, which is currently 10026, and increments by one, giving us the 10027. If you’d like, we can change the current WA-10026 individual to the second-highest number plus one, which currently looks like it might be…WA-1319 right now? Is that alright by y’all?
-Mark & Jon

1 Like

Thanks @MarkF ! As of right now yes, the next predicted number for WA should be WA-1319.

Yes @ChrissyTustison @MarkF our highest current is WA-1318, next is 1319, thanks!

Ok @ChrissyTustison and @NeridaWilson !
Should be fixed now?
Cheers,
Mark

1 Like